Every girl dreams of having beautiful, luscious and pink lips, as lips form a very attractive part in an individual’s personality. With a charming face, no girl would like to detract the allure with dark, dry and chapel lips. With a little bit of care you can easily obtain healthy, pink and attractive lips, as the texture and the color of your lips reveal a lot about your personality, health and lifestyle to the others.
The trend of smoking, chewing tobacco, trying different cosmetics and consumption of alcohol leaves a negative impact on your lips making them look dark and unhealthy gradually. There are various other natural reasons due to which the darkening of the lips might take place which includes humid temperatures, exposure to the sun rays directly, low levels of blood circulation, weather and hectic lifestyle. Chemotherapy maybe regarded as another major reason for the darkening of lips during the treatment of cancer. But now you have no need to worry as there are a number of natural ways to cure your lips of the dryness and the darkness without even having to spend any money. The ways suggested are absolutely economical and present right in your own kitchen:
Methods to cure Dark Lips:
1. Moisturize your lips: The skin of your lips must regularly be moisturized since it contains a small amount of sebum (an oil). Regular moisturizing of your lips thereby helps in keeping the lips healthy and pink. Petroleum jelly or a lip balm maybe used for the same if one has to go outside and coco butter me be applied in case you have to remain at home.
2. Use Pomegranate seeds and Milk: Another way to cure your dry and dark lips is by using pomegranate seeds. Crush up the seeds and mix it with some milk cream. This remedy provides redder and fuller lips and is safe from any kind of side effects.
3. Apply cucumber juice: your darkened lips can lighten into a beautiful pink color by regularly rubbing a slice of cucumber over your lips which would allow the cucumber juice to soak in. the process is to be repeated at least five times a day.
4. Mix rose petals in milk: Rose petals along with a little milk, glycerin and honey can produce great results. All you have to do is :
- Soak some rose petals in milk for some time.
- Then use the petals o make a paste.
- Add some glycerin and honey to it.
- Apply the paste on your lips and keep it on for around fifteen minutes.
- Then rub the paste off using the milk.
5. Massage with lemon juice: Massaging your lips with the combination of sugar and lemon gives your lips back their natural light pink color, as lemon works to naturally bleach your lips whereas sugar works to scale off the dead skin. Therefore apply this combination of sliced lemon with sprinkled sugar over it to obtain back the original color of your lips.
6. Apply Berry Mixture: Dark lips may also be cured by using berries such as raspberries and strawberries, as they contain certain vital vitamins and minerals which help the lips to remain vibrant. All you need to do is make a paste of either of the berries and add some aloe Vera juice and honey to it. Apply the paste for a few minutes and then rinse it off, and then finally apply a homemade balm over your lips.
7. Mix Turmeric Powder with Milk: Another Indian remedy to lighten dark lips is with the combination of turmeric powder and milk cream which gives great results. Combination of gram’s flour and turmeric powder can also be used but only remember to apply a double heavy cream so as to avoid the drying out of lips.
8. Mix Honey, Almond oil and Sugar: This is another great remedy to lighten your lips to a pink color by applying combination of honey, almond or olive oil along with sugar and massaging it over your lips at least ten times.
9. Scrub with Toothbrush: If you wish for soft lips, scrub your lips gently with a soft bristled toothbrush every night after brushing your teeth.
10. Remove Makeup before Sleeping: This is one of the major reasons that people have dark, dull lips as they often forget to remove off their makeup before going to bed. All you need to do is put a little bit of olive or almond oil on a cotton ball and use it to gently remove the lip color from your lips.
It is recommended to follow few more general tips in order to avoid the darkening of your lips and would help your lips to retain their natural pink color:
Quit Smoking: This may be regarded as one of the major reasons for the darkening of lips. Smoking gradually darkens your lips and makes them look dull. Therefore you should find a way to quit smoking as it will not only help you to retain the natural color of your lips but would also enable you to live a long and healthy life.
Don’t Lick your Lips: It is quite natural for one to lick their lips when they dry up, but is advised to stop lip licking in any case as it gradually makes your lips look even more dark and dull.
Use Sunscreen: It is advised to always use a sunscreen while going out in the sun, as the lips maybe harmed by the harmful rays of the sun. Therefore, always apply a sunscreen that has a lip gloss on top to avoid the darkening of your lips.
It is therefore recommended to follow these few steps if you naturally want to enhance the color of your lips as these techniques are really simple, absolutely cost effective and natural and most importantly free from any kind of side effects.