Coconut oil is a popular beauty ingredient which not only is used for taking care your skin but also your hair. It can help your hair stronger, smoother and prevent hair loss. So, how to use coconut oil to take care of your hair properly? Let’s find out with us.
Benefits of coconut oil for your hair
Coconut oil contains a lot of nutrients that are good for your hair. Vitamin E and antioxidants in coconut oil have the effect of making the hair soft and protecting the hair from break, especially to dry hair. They will penetrate deeply into your scalp and as a result, strengthen your hair roots.
In addition, coconut oil also contains fatty acids, lauric acids which are very beneficial to your hair. They are natural antibiotics having antimicrobial and antifungal properties – which are reasons causing hair loss. Acids in coconut oil combine with protein molecules that stimulate hair growth faster and thicker, prevent hair damage from harmful factors, remove dead skin cells and restrain the dandruff. Thanks to these natural benefits, coconut oil is commonly used to treat the hair.
How to use coconut oil for hair treatment?
Method 1: Reduce hair loss and stimulate hair growth by coconut oil
Take a sufficient amount of coconut oil to a small bowl and use a cotton pad to absorb the coconut oil, and squeeze slightly to remove excess oil from the cotton.
Then, you apply the coconut oil to your hair, from root to tip, from inside out to ensure coconut oil penetrate deeply into the scalp and hair. You also can use the comb to brush your hair and leave it in 30 minutes.
After that, you have to wash your hair thoroughly otherwise your hair will feel sticky after washing. Some remedies for how to get coconut oil out of hair:
- Wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo or hair conditioner and warm water
- Try to use dry shampoo before using normal shampoo
- Rinse your hair with baking soda, conditioner with apple cider vinegar and warm water
You should apply this method 2 -3 times per week and after 2 weeks, you might be surprised by your healthy and strong hair. Coconut oil also makes the hair grow faster so you can see the hair grows out of the scalp after about 2 weeks.
Method 2: Mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice helps restore damaged hair
The mixture of coconut oil and lime juice not only prevents hair loss but also increases hair thickness, nourishes damaged hair, and makes your hair softer and smoother.
How to use: You need to prepare a mixture including a ½ tablespoon of coconut oil, ½ teaspoon of honey and a half of lemon. Mix this mixture well and apply to your hair, incubate for 20 minutes and then wash with water and shampoo. You can take this remedy 2 to 3 times per week and after 2 weeks you will get the effects.
Method 3: Coconut oil and egg yolk
Egg yolk contains a lot of proteins, lipids, and Vitamin A which have the ability to kill the bacteria on the skin, nourish the hair and provide nutrients to help hair grow faster and healthy.
Mix about 10 – 15ml coconut oil and an egg yolk, then you moisten the hair and apply the mixture to your hair, massage the scalp lightly, incubate hair for 20-30 minutes. Finally, wash your hair with shampoo and warm water. Do this 2 – 3 times per week, your hair will be black, smooth and beautiful.
Some notices while using coconut oil to take care of your hair
- Coconut oil is very good for dry, tangled and split ends hair. If you have the greasy hair, you should not leave the coconut oil in the hair too long or use too much coconut oil and you have to remember to rinse your hair thoroughly with water after incubating.
- Clean hair roots, do not leave excess oil on the scalp causing hair loss and dandruff.
- Incubating the hair for 1 – 2 hours is the best, do not leave it for more than 6 hours because it can cause itching and dandruff. Only use coconut oil for hair treatment 1 – 2 times per week.
- After shampooing, let’s your hair dry naturally, you should not use hair dryers because it will make your hair drier and easier to fall off.
- In addition, while you apply coconut oil to your hair or incubate with coconut oil, you should massage gently the scalp to help coconut oil penetrate deeply into the scalp and each hair, increase the amount of oxygen and blood flow to your scalp to make hair healthy.
Coconut oil can remove up to 90% of dandruff on the scalp if you use regularly and have a proper method. Therefore, let’s take care of your hair with coconut oil regularly to have a strong, smooth and healthy hair.