A smile says a lot about someone, and it is for this reason that the demand for teeth whitening has been increasing over the last few years. As much as everyone wants to have sparkling white teeth, there has been a tremendous increase in the number of people who have yellow teeth. This often leads to many oral disorders such as plaque, teeth decay and gum diseases. In addition, yellow teeth can ruin someone's confidence. Due to the increase in demand, there are many options for teeth whitening. And, there are many qualified and reputable dentists that are committed to meeting the needs of the patients looking for professional teeth whitening. As the demand for professional teeth whitening increases, sometimes the costs may be unbearable. However, there are home remedies that you can use and they will result in white teeth.
Below are some the common ways that you can whiten your teeth naturally.
1. Brush and floss your teeth daily: Brushing and flossing your teeth is important for uprooting any plaque that might be building up. It is suggested that you brush your teeth twice per day. The length of time of the brushing might not mean anything if you are not brushing well. You ought to brush by creating little swarms that are sufficiently little to fit into your mouth so you can reach the surfaces behind your teeth and your back molars. But, regardless of how great you brush, the main way to eliminate plaque before it shapes into tartar is through flossing.
2. Use of baking soda and lemon: This is one of the most popular ways of whitening your teeth. The reaction of the baking sodas and the citrus acid found in lemon juice often create a smile-brightening effect. You should mix little baking soda with the juice of a fresh lemon. Before brushing on the mixture, you should wipe away saliva and any plaque that may be in your mouth. Sip the mixture of the lemon and baking soda and leave it on your teeth for about a minute before brushing it off with a toothbrush. You also need t be extra careful not to leave the mixture for more than a minute on your teeth because the acid will erode your teeth enamel.
3. Eat more vegetables and crunchy fruits: The consumption of crunchy fruits such as apples, carrots, celery and so on acts as natural toothbrush. By just chewing them, they remove any bacteria that may be in the mouth. It also removes excess food as well as helping to scrub the stains that maybe on your teeth's surface.
4. Ensure that you always use a straw: It is evident that, in some way, coffee, tea, soda cause serious damage on the enamel due to the direct exposure. A bright and healthy smile is something to be proud of, and using a straw can go a long way in ensuring that your teeth remain white for a while.
5. Oil pulling: This method is very common in the Indian community to enhance their oral health as well as cleansing the body. This involves taking a tablespoon of organic oil, moving it around in your mouth for about 20 minutes and as the name suggests, pull it through your teeth. Spit the oil and thoroughly clean your mouth with plenty of water.
6. Use of hydrogen peroxide: This prevents the growth of bacteria as well as other infections and bad breath. Simply swish some hydrogen peroxide around in your mouth for a few seconds then spit it out.
7. Eat more strawberries: There is evidence that strawberries contain an enzyme called Malic acid, which helps to whiten teeth as well as remove any stains. Brushing with the mixture of a few strawberries can help whiten your teeth.