Acne — If it was a problem in your puberty and still a problem now that you are an adult, the sight of a pimple can very well spell trouble for you. No worries, there are conventional and not-so-conventional ways to regain your blemish-free skin and good looks.
Acne: Causes and treatments
Let your acne be gone by knowing what causes acne so you can give your skin not just an instant solution to make it disappear but also, to make clear skin last.
Listed below are the major causes of acne and how these can be addressed:
1. Dirt and excess oil on the surface of your skin. Infection-causing bacteria will love you for keeping your face dirty. Soon enough, most especially with all of that grease inside your pores, these bacteria will find its way in and infect your skin.
2. Hormonal imbalance. It may be caused by a physical condition, in which case, you should consult with your doctor. In many cases, however, it may be caused by daily stress, particularly psychological and emotional ones. In which case, you need to learn how you can best manage stress. Learn to calm down and not to be too emotional about things happening around you. Learn to better get along with people around you too while also finding alone time for yourself.
3. Harsh products. In this case, you’d rather waste a couple of dollars than continue subjecting your skin to harsh ingredients that can irritate it and cause you the bigger problem of an acne breakout!
4. Medications. Drugs that contain corticosteroids, barbiturates, steroids, as well as those often prescribed for various psychological disorders, can also cause acne. Ask your doctor for possible replacements. 5. Pollutants. Avoid environments that expose your skin to irritating dust, dirt and other environmental pollutants.
5 surprising ways to get rid of acne fast
You know how a benzoyl peroxide ointment or exfoliating with a salicylic acid or glycolic acid can be beneficial to your acne prone skin. Did you know there are other ways you can treat acne using stuff around your house that can also help get acne out of your face?
Bet you haven’t tried these before:
1. Applying toothpaste. Who would’ve been able to tell that the toothpaste you use every day can help quickly heal your acne? Toothpaste contains silica which, when applied to your acne, helps draw out the moisture that’s locked in your pores that bacteria thrives in. Without the moisture, the bacteria dies. Toothpaste also contains baking soda, which makes this beauty staple perfect for erasing acne marks too.
2. Applying matte lipstick. Your matte products also contain silica. Just like your toothpaste, your matte lipstick is also capable of drawing out moisture from your acne too.
3. Steaming. Whether your acne problem involves blackheads, whiteheads or pimples, this warm technique is a great way to relieve any painful swelling and release the plugs and build up that’s causing you acne.
Simply put boiling water in a basin. Lean forward to let the steam on your face. Do this for 5 to 10 minutes. If blackheads or whiteheads are your problems, immediately follow through with a physical exfoliation using your facial brush and soap-free cleanser. Pat dry, tone, then moisturize.
If pimples are your issue, pat dry then apply your toothpaste or matte lipstick.
4. Icing. The exact opposite of steaming, why notice your inflamed acne? It not only helps soothe the swelling but also aids in deflating your swollen skin.
5. Rubbing banana peel. Rubbing the inside of a banana peel helps relieve inflammation, diminish the size of your swollen skin, and take away the redness. Banana peel contains potassium, iron, zinc, and Vitamins A, B, C and E. Combined, these have natural anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties that help soothe irritated skin which is oftenwhat causes acne. After rubbing, let it the extract stand on your face for as long as possible before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
Conclusion Acne is not impossible to weed out of your life. By trying these methods and sticking to your skincare regimen, you are bound to see clearer skin soon.