Want to relocate your house, office or vehicle to another place? Or pondering over the strategies on how to plan your shifting?
While transpiring shifting care should be taken that each and every move is carried out systematically and there is proper synchronization of the entire activity such that all the goods reach the destination in one single piece without any damage and within the stipulated time period.
Following are guide for Relocation:
1. Make check list of goods: First make a check list of all the goods that are to be relocated. Bifurcate them as per their size and weight as goods that are heavy have different packing as compared to goods that are delicate and light. Light weight goods are prone to damage with a small jerk so they have to be packed using robust packing materials so that they are protected in the transit. Say furniture requires different type of packing whereas items like glass have to be packed with care and caution and thus require altogether different mode of packing.
2. Corner the packing materials: After classifying the goods as per their nature, corner the packing materials based on the specifications of the goods. Purchase packing boxes, corrugated box, tapes, bubble sheets etc. has to be arranged so that the goods are packed accordingly.
3. Packing the goods: Sitting in the middle with goods spread all over, you will be confused as to from where one has to start with packing spree. Always pack the goods as per their specifications. Special type of packing is required for goods that are delicate and prone to get damage with a slight touch. Incorporate use of special corrugated boxes, bubble sheets so that goods reach the place without any damage. It is beneficial to go for room by room packing. Start with one room and then move on to the other.
4. Label the boxes: Labeling is vital and with proper labeling in each carton will make it easy for you to unpack the goods at the destination. With labels in the cartons will make one easy to arrange the goods in the transport and also one can do quick check of the boxes and check whether every box is loaded or not.
5. Insurance: The vital aspect is to cover all the goods that are to be relocated under reliable insurance company. Insurance is a shield to cover risk in case of happening of uncertain events that are beyond any one’s control. Accidents, damage in transit etc are beyond control and covering goods under insurance will make good the loss caused due to happening of any such event while relocation.
6. Loading of goods in the transport: See that all the goods are loaded in the transport meant for relocation. Cross check with the labels that you have posted in the box and verify loading of all the goods. Always keep bulky and heavy goods at the end and light weight and delicate goods at the centre so that they are not damaged in transit.
7. Provision of storage: If the relocation is done from one city to another then see that you have arranged for warehouse for storage of goods in transit in case of certain events like rains, strike etc.
8. Unpacking of goods: The last step in relocation is unpacking of the goods after reaching the destination. Unload the goods and verify with the labels that all the goods are unloaded. Use proper materials like scissor or knife to cut open the boxes.
Following are the steps to make your relocation a cake walk activity. With proper planning and well laid down strategy any relocation can turn out to be a smooth and easy affair.