If your prized possession is an Arabian horse, congratulations upon owning one of the most beautiful species in the world. The sculpted body of the Arabian features a compact body line, sloping shoulders, and hindquarters that exude power and dominance; these attributes make the Arabian one of the most popular breeds among horse enthusiasts. With this investment you must provide the right type of diet, care, and exercise to keep your horse at the top of his game and living up to the expectations that you have for him. Let's take a look at some tips that will get the most from your investment in an Arabian horse.
- The first step you should take is to make sure his stable is the right size and that he will be comfortable in it year round. He may want a little light of some type in the barn area outside his stable and it must be heated to keep him warm on cold winter nights. Where he lives and his comfort is almost as important as the food he eats.
- You must feed him a diet that is appropriate for his age, size, and activity level. Make sure that the hay you give him is fresh so that he won't suffer from colic or another lung disease. You can also ask your veterinarian about giving him supplements that enhance the diet you are feeding him. His health begins on the inside but will be visible on the outside with his appearance and behaviour.
- Provide plenty of water for your Arabian; it's important that he remain hydrated at all times. You may want to place a salt block near the barn or in the pasture field so that he can access it easily. Make sure that his water is not iced over during cold winter days; break the ice first thing in the morning and check it throughout the day especially if the temperature remains below freezing all day.
- Provide the proper amount of exercise for your Arabian. After you've purchased your Arabian from a world-class website such as www.arabhorsesforsale.com you will want to continue the exceptional care and attention that has been provided to him since birth. This will include allowing him to run freely in your fields, exercising him in your well-designed arena, or simply by riding him around your property to enjoy the beauty of nature and to build a bond with him. His exercise will be important to his eating habits as well as his overall health and endurance for the events you have planned for him.
- Finally, by scheduling regular check-ups with your local veterinarian, you can address any issues that he may have, prevent any health problems from developing, and maintain his health from season to season.
Getting the most from your investment in an Arabian horse means providing proper housing, an exceptional diet, and some exercise where you and your horse can develop a special bond to create memories that will last a lifetime.