You might have heard the phrase: “Human is a social being.” Have you had the time to think about what it means? Also, what is the bedrock of our social dependence? Let’s figure it out!
A very important human peculiarity: As humans, we are born with a short system of instincts that helps us find various ways to exist and survive independently. There are no questions regarding the physical abilities necessary for independent life after birth. A human baby, unlike, for example, a newborn stallion, cannot immediately stand up and move quite confidently. The human baby has no chance of survival if it does not get help from other humans.
However, if you thought that social dependence exists only at a very early age, you must be thinking otherwise. Throughout life, a person is constantly under the influence of society — they learn, adapt, communicate, acquire new knowledge, develop skills, etc. If, for example, they are “pulled out” from society at an early but independent age, then the process of the formation of their personality, identity, and the formation of their own Self can be completely unpredictable. The reason is that homo sapiens are naturally social and vice versa.
How social ties are formed in modern society and why their formation becomes difficult every day
Throughout life, a person forms social bonds. In early childhood, they communicate with parents and close relatives, then get into kindergarten, school, and university. Gradually, real adult life begins with work and different teams. Jobs and positions replace each other, each time a person plunges into a new social environment. Over the years, they “become overgrown” with good friends and comrades of interest, and so on. Hence, throughout life, our society is constantly changing. However, this is absolutely normal.
What is the problem?
The problem is that there are consistent gaps in this “social connection.” You don’t have to look too far for an example. The coronavirus Covid-19 and its consequences is a typical example. Children were “pulled out” from kindergartens and schools. Students, for the most part, have been introduced to remote education format. Additionally, many employees of companies are currently more remote and are in no hurry to return to their offices.
Social ties are weakened and broken off due to objectives that could be subjective in some cases. As a result, a growing sense of loneliness, from which social networks and instant messengers have come to stay. Therefore, millions of people, in order to cope with loneliness, have to look for ways to create new social bonds. Chat roulettes became such a method.
How to chat roulettes became one of the most effective social communication tools in the 21st century
Video chat roulette is a website or application whose main function is to connect random interlocutors via video. This format, as they say, “shot” in 2009, when Chatroulette was launched. Users appreciated the new opportunity to meet people easily and naturally, communicate on completely different topics and find interesting interlocutors all over the world.
Unfortunately, Chatroulette has always had mediocre moderation and a lot of Internet trolls and scammers. Therefore, Chatroulette alternatives are much more interesting options:
- OmeTV — is a very minimalistic Chatroulette that is perfect for those who don’t want to deal with search settings. It is enough to indicate the country and your gender to enable the system to select the most suitable interlocutors for you. One of the most interesting features of OmeTV is the built-in message translator. This is a very handy feature for those who want to meet and communicate with foreigners without using third-party translators. OmeTV has a web version as well as mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
- Chatous — is a popular video chat roulette for iOS and Android. Here, the function of searching for interlocutors using hashtags is interestingly implemented. The developers of Chatous put a special emphasis on security. For example, in the application, you can hide your name or change it at any time. In addition, you can send disappearing messages and photos to your interlocutors, which are deleted after a short time. In some cases, this turns out to be very useful.
- CooMeet — here is a chat roulette app that has perhaps the best gender filter compared to the services mentioned. Thanks to the mandatory verification of account data, you can be sure that you are communicating with a real person here, and not with a fake human or bot. CooMeet also has apps for iOS and Android, excellent moderation and 24/7 support, a built-in auto-translator of messages like in OmeTV, multiple themes, and a host of other benefits. CooMeet also offers a signature affiliate program — the ability to earn real money for attracting new users. CooMeet gives all new members a free trial period. We recommend taking advantage of this offer!
- Chatki — is a completely independent video chat roulette, but rather, it’s an addition to another video chat known as Chatrandom. In fact, there are some similar functionalities here such as gender and geographic filters, search by interests, thematic chat rooms for many participants, and a separate paid chat with girls. In fact, you don’t have to use Chatki at all, because the site doesn’t really offer anything new, but only slightly changes the design. You can just use Chatrandom as an alternative if you don’t need Chatki.
- Tinychat — is a service for hosting or watching video broadcasts on a variety of topics. This is not a classic chat roulette, so Tinychat is actually not suitable for face-to-face communication. However, if you love streaming, watch it often, or host it yourself, you can try the Tinychat platform. Perhaps you will like it. A useful feature of the service is People Near You. This is a section where current broadcasts are collected, and the authors are located near you.
- Chathub — is a minimalistic and simple web chat with a basic gender filter. Chathub doesn’t have a mobile app, so you’ll always have to use the browser version. Fortunately, it is well adapted for mobile devices. An important feature of the service is that persons over the age of 13 can use it with the permission of their parents. For video chat roulettes, this is a rarity. Usually, the minimum age limit is 18 years while it is 21+ in some sections.
Today, there are more than eight thousand online dating services in the world that can help you cope with loneliness and expand your social circle to a huge extent. The main thing is to choose the site that is right for you and suits your personality. This is possible when you try different platforms, find their advantages and disadvantages, communicate with other users, and don’t be afraid to open up to the world. We are sure you will succeed!
Every individual has periods in their life when they want to be alone and with their thoughts, move away from society and abstract. This is normal. However, when loneliness becomes forced and prolonged continuously, it will always affect psycho-emotional health. It brings about the feeling of anxiety and self-doubt. The person becomes more withdrawn and gradually moves into depression. The more it continues, the more pronounced the signs become.
Sometimes the only way to deal with loneliness and depression is to get over yourself and start making new friends. In this regard, video chat roulette can become a real lifeline that can pull a person out of the deepest abyss of loneliness. This is not just a tool for carefree communication. Chat roulette is an opportunity to remain a part of society even in those moments when you are closed from this society. As it was during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Finally, this advice will go a long way; never close yourself. Try to communicate more with other people, expand the circle of acquaintances and not focus only on yourself. We need society for a normal life. And there is no getting away from it.