There’s no denying this fact that shooting compelling pictures of a boring corporate or business event is nothing short of a challenge.
After all, there are high chances for these shots to blend with one another with so many identical suits among the mix. But all is not lost. There are still ways to capture photographs of corporate events that are unique and capable of sparking the interest of your audience. The below tips can help.
- Try to shoot from creative angles
If you are hosting a business dinner or an event with everyone seated in their places, you will have to get immensely creative with your composition to get a variety of photographs.
To keep the photographs interesting, keep the angles interesting. For example,
If there are floral arrangements, shoot through them to gain a whole new perspective.
- Take advantage of natural lighting
Rely on natural lighting as much as possible and avoid flash wherever it’s possible for you to do so.
That’s because unnatural light (such as flash and other artificial light sources) makes your photos feel like a photo and takes your audience out of the moment. So avoid as much as possible.
Note: To avoid red eyes in your photographs, urge your guests to turn slightly to the side.
- Do not be afraid to experiment with posed style photographs
While most business events require a variety of candid and posed photographs- challenge yourself to get more playful with your images to gain an extra edge over your competitors in the industry.
Event organizers will often want the “grip and grin” look in their snapshots. While this can work interestingly well with famous and influential people, but when you are doing a dinner or a fashion show, it gets too repetitive after a certain point in time.
It’s, therefore, advisable to trust your photographer’s instinct and do something extraordinary out of the ordinary.
- Use abstract shots for marketing purposes
While it’s important for you to get shots of event attendees having fun, it’s equally important to get abstract shots that aren’t exactly focused on individuals.
This is particularly true if you are going to use the corporate event photographs for marketing purposes.
- Work around flashy lights
If your event is taking place in a conference hall or a meeting room, you are more than likely to be stuck with dozens of fluorescent lights.
Do not turn to the flash to fix this problem. Instead, use the color balance setting of your camera to fix things up. A custom white balance may come in exceptionally handy in your circumstances.
- Know the different types of shots you must have at all possible circumstances
The most important things for an event photographer to capture are the key moments of the party. For example, whenever someone comes on to the stage or when someone’s having a unique breakthrough moment.
These shots should include the likes of:
- Guest speaker shot,
- Main speaker shot,
- Group photographs,
- Guest and speaker photographs,
- Candid interaction shots,
- Candid shots,
- Reception shots,
- Emotional breakthroughs (if any),
- Fun shots.
3 Things To Remember As An Event Photographer In A Corporate Party
- Look like a professional and blend in well with the group. This means you will have to dress up according to the theme of the party. Most corporate events require a suit or a tuxedo for men and a formal dress for women. Business casuals are also acceptable in certain special circumstances. Research well and go in as if you belong there. And don’t forget to keep your shoes clean and shiny like a diamond.
- Get a full schedule of the event from the organizer.
- Do not interrupt important conversations. You can guess the importance of the talk simply by looking at how heavily the person’s engaged in talking to another group or person.
So that essentially sums things up. Hope you had a great read.
Contributed By: www.just-pose.com