IIT JEE Main is not an easy exam to clear for everyone only with sheer hard work & devotion one can successfully earn a good score. The preparation for the Joint Entrance Examination is said to be the one of the most challenging in all over the nation. Cracking this exam has become the dream of lakhs of students. You need to do a lot of practice to get a preferred branch in any one of reputed IIT institutions. The time management also plays an important role to prepare well for exams. Remember, you must require an extraordinary knowledge of complete subjects & topics.
Single-Mindedness is Important
For achieving success in IIT JEE each and every student has to maintain single-mindedness, and should follow serious exercise. They can take help of the various resources like online coaching, and tutors which help you to attain the goal of IIT JEE. Initially, the student has to face difficulties but never lose your focus and concentration and work hard without thinking much about the hurdles.
This we all know that only the top candidates who appear for JEE Main can clear the exam and allowed to sit for JEE Advanced. So, it is important for you to be well prepared before the examination week starts. To give your best in the exam make a list of all the topics from the syllabus and categorize the topics you have learned. Now you have to practice these topics, you can gather more information from your teacher or can take the reference of the course books.
Talk & Discuss with Faculty Members
The coaching institutes will provide you with the complete study material, syllabus, sample papers, and mock test papers; it may be online or regular. In addition to, the coaching centers arrange the lecture facility provided by the skilled and talented professors in accordance with the pattern of the entrance exams. Students can talk to the faculty members in person which is the best way to clear all your doubts.
Format of IIT JEE Examination
The format of JEE (Main & Advanced) is the prime most thing to know for each & every student, although the format of JEE papers keeps changing. But, for the last three years, the format of JEE (Main) has included two separate papers of three hours each.
- JEE Main Paper I-Engineering Entrance Exam for B.E./B.Tech courses
- JEE Main Paper 2-Architecture Entrance Exam for B.Arch/B.Planning
Both these papers include sections of physics, chemistry, mathematics, aptitude test, and drawing test. The IIT exam question papers are of the senior secondary academic level. Each section is divided into three parts A, B, & C (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) includes 30 questions in each part of equal weightage.
Tips for Students
While attempting questions paper, students need to follow a proper strategy, please look to the below-mentioned points.
- First of all read and understand the problem clearly, then look at what data and conditions have been provided in the question paper.
- Look at whether you have ever solved the problem earlier, develop a plan of action, and think what strategy should work better in the problem.
- Solve the questions and check them once. Try to mark or leave the questions that you find hard to solve. In an online paper you can easily mark a particular question for review.
- If you are unable to solve a problem within the reasonable time, it's better you should skip that question and move on.
- Always remember there will be negative marking for each incorrect response, and you should also know that each question carries one-fourth (1/4) of the total marks.
In the End
Also, always try to take mock question papers in a real environment before the actual day of examination. In fact, there are many coaching centers providing useful mock test papers, video lectures, study material, question papers & other facilities for students.