Writing an assignment is a task that requires a great amount of mental ability and deftness. It also demands excellent skills at organized thinking and a subtle mind with the ability to debate immaculately. The following tricks, OK maybe they are not much of a secret now that I have come forth with them in this post, if they were any secret in the first place (just rummage through the Terabytes of data ready to be read on the net) are like secret doorkeepers to the realm of academic excellence.
It is indeed tempting to skip the whole process and seek for professional help. It is at the end of the day your career and you are free to take steps that you might find to be in the best interests of your career.
The Initial Process
The first trick that is behind a great and successful assignment is the process that lies behind the actual writing of assignments.
- Give careful and minute attention to the question at hand. Paraphrasing it might also ignite a few ideas.
- Then go through all the other parts of the primary question, the various sub-questions and do the same for them.
- Go through the criteria for assessment and be thoroughly informed about it.
- Write down the assignment structure with the key points as headings and all the important points of each section as a bullet list. The order should be logical and score high on readability.
- Then send the draft of the structure of your assignment to the tutor assigned to you keeping at least three weeks of time to the deadline of the submission, else you will fail to get feedback within the time frame. The draft should not exceed two pages and should be comprised only of key points and headings and use of full sentences should be avoided.
- All sections should lay forward a particular claim or argument with proper evidence to back up these claims.
- List all the used references in the correct format and keep them with you.
- Besides each claim state in a sentence of a summary of the evidence and the reference details.
- Take into account the limitations of all evidences and record it.
The Essential Checklist
Before submission of assignments double check that you include:
- The word count right at the beginning.
- An attractive title, a proper introduction and an appropriate conclusion.
- Answers to all questions as well all sub-questions.
- All claims should be backed by suitable evidences and cite the source of the particular evidence. Take care to read your assignment multiple times.
- Sources of all tables and figures should be referenced.
- There should be clarity regarding the stance of both you and the person whom you are citing.
- The quality of the reference source should also be suitably clear.
- A thorough list of the references after the conclusion of the assignment according to the required citation style.
- Keep a watch that your text is free plagiarism; otherwise you may land up in serious trouble.
- A cover sheet of the course.
- If you are submitting the assignment in a digital format in the format "Surname" "Code of Course" and "Date of Submission" . Mention that the file is a resubmission at the end if it is a resubmission.
Tips Regarding the Assignment
The following are some of the tips that are to be followed in case of an assignment:
- An outline which briefly lays out the key points is necessary.
- An assignment should have a clear introduction.
- There should be continuity of ideas in the assignment.
- Avoid using "you" and "I" so that the tone remains impersonal.
- Prefer paragraphs to numbering and bullets.
- Use examples and make inferences from the facts and figures.
- Keep an eye for the word count and ensure that it is not too below or above the suggested one.
- Include figures and tables.
Make a proper conclusion by restating the aim, a summary of the primary points and final comments regarding your opinion about the future.
Contributed by https://www.managementwritingsolutions.com/