National Talent Search Examination, abbreviated as NTSE which is a national- level scholarship program for the Indian students pursuing in Class 10 to display their talent and merit through this one of the most prestigious exam in India
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholarship was constituted by NCERT in the year 1963 to nurture the talent of the students. It is conducted in two stages:
Stage 1: Stage 1 exam is conducted by the respective of the states of India. 2015-16 Stage 1 was conducted on November 8, 2015 except the states like Meghalaya, Nagaland and Anadaman& Nicobar Island where the exam was conducted on November 7, 2015. The result of stage 1 is usually declared by March.
Stage 2: The students who qualify Stage 1 can enter the stage 2. 2015-16 stage 2 was conducted on May 8, 2016. It is to be noted that students studying abroad but are Indian citizens can appear directly in the stage 2 exam.
Purpose of the scholarship
- The scholarship is provide to the students to pursue higher studies in science, social science, humanities, languages, commerce, vocational studies and fine arts up to doctoral level.
- For Engineering and medical courses, the scholarship is upto the second-degree level.
The qualified students of class 11 onwards are paid the scholarship, irrespective of class/course. The qualified students will be paid per month scholarship as follows:
- Class 11 & 12: Rs 1250
- Undergraduate and Post Graduate: Rs 2000
- Doctoral: The scholarship will be paid according to the UGC norms
How to prepare for NTSE
NTSE is one of the most prestigious scholarships in India, every students pursuing class 10 has a desire to get this scholarship which is very much helpful for them till the Ph.D. Level. Some of the significant points to ponder before the exams are as follows:
The syllabus of both the stages is broadly covered from class 9 and 10 of the respective state boards and few states also refer to the NCERT syllabus of class 9 and 10.
- To crack the exam a students must be very much sincere in his her studies and should start preparing when he/she is in class nine itself.
- The students must make a perfect schedule for each and every subject he is studying in order to compete the exam.
- The students should make themselves practice a lot till they achieve that ultimate knowledge in that subject.
- The students must consult various sources like internet, books, articles and of course the scholarship winner if possible to grab the suitable exam tips from them.
- Students must be capable to find out their weak points and need to polish them thoroughly.
Books: The names of the few famous and important books are as follows:
- Class 9 and 19 NCERT Books are the most Important
- Previous Years Papers
- Study Package for NTSE Class X by McGraw Hill Education
- A Complete Study Guide NTSE (MAT + SAT)
- A Comprehensive Manual for NTSE for Class X