It is certainly right to state that online education is thriving at the expense of the more orthodox and conventional Classroom Model Learning systems. With increasing pressures on learner commuting and attendance costs, onerous and long drawn curriculum, lack of individualized student attention, low student involvement and participation, expensive and mounting course fees with low cost benefits, and finally inflexible learning hours and compulsory attendance, classroom education has provided all or most disadvantages that has proved boon to its online adversary, online education. These are some of the main reasons why people turn to online education to fulfill their academic and professional expectations, or more precisely to stay away from classroom education.
- Anytime, anywhere, anybody, education: Perhaps one of the greatest crowd puller of online education is its flexible and student-friendly approach, unbiased and objective in nature. Invariably, there are no minimum educational standards are needed for startup courses, and anybody could join online education, provided they meet basic standards and computer proficiency. Online education could be pursued in the privacy of one's home without any kind of outside interference and repercussions and flexible timings could be made available that would not interfere with other routines and necessities.
- Course curriculum is determined with the student interests in mind: Online education courses curriculum are decided by qualified, experienced and competent professionals who fully understand and appreciate the needs of student population. These are well structured and are more quality focused than quantity determined. Students find it easy and convenient to negotiate unlike classroom curriculum which are both burdensome and heavy on both teachers and students.
- Online education is boon for cash-strapped, working people who do not have the time or the will to spend on classroom education: For people who are fully employed and cannot spare time for classroom studies, the chance to gain a good degree through online education is indeed god sent. This option becomes one of the best tools for working persons to boost their professional career level chances with higher educational qualifications. They could invest their spare time and leisure through online education to improve their qualifications and professional skill sets, without much efforts. All that online education demands is high levels of self-motivation, self discipline, planning and organizing skills and the willingness to set aside a few hours regularly for self studies. Daily planned, regulated and disciplined self efforts, academically produces much better final examination results than last moment, feverish, ditch efforts mostly seen in attempts by classroom students trying to pass classroom examination studies.
- You are your best teacher: Self teaching produces better results than those imposed by classroom teaching, since the pace, extent, scope and depth are self determined and self imposed. One could study at one's pace without related stress, worry or tension and the results would prove the efforts. One is indeed spared the agony of course completion, grade determination and mandatory attendance as witnessed in classroom models. One's attitude and studying habits determines the gained grades and nothing else really matters.
- Online education is more economical than classroom models: In the long run, classroom education with a great deal of extraneous costs, work out more expensive than online education and more importantly, this goes on increasing with the passing of each academic year. Perhaps the cost of education is one of the main determining factors that swing admission decisions in favor of online education and against classroom education.
The article was shared by ResumePlus.us (http://resumeplus.us )
You must log in to post a comment.