Planning a corporate event needs attention to detail so that employees at all levels of the company can enjoy spending time together. The event can revolve around almost any theme. It all depends upon the company and the participating employee base. The outing can range from a casino game night to a picnic. The possibilities are endless.
The Theme Says it All
The theme of the event needs to be determined early in the planning process. Depending upon whether it is a day or evening event, an employee only team-building event or a family event, the selected theme can be almost anything. Some popular theme ideas include:
· A casino night complete with slot machines, poker tables, craps, black jack and a roulette wheel
· A fifties dance featuring a jukebox, poodle skirts and ice cream sundaes for dessert
· A sports bar based game night with air hockey tables, ping pong, football, darts and a pool table
· A Mardi Gras inspired party based upon the popular Bourbon Street celebration; twinkling lights and decorations of purple and gold will dominate the party
· A carnival themed afternoon filled with popcorn, cotton candy, Sno-cones and a hot dog cart. Milk Can Toss, Duck Pond and Ring Toss games add to the fun when children are invited. Typical carnival prizes make a big hit.
The No-Stop Activities
The activities at a corporate party must play to the audience. If children are invited, plenty of games, physical activities like a bounce house or castle and face painting or airbrush tattoos are wildly popular.
Adult-only events also need fun and engaging activities that last the duration of the gathering. A casino night allows guests to move from table to table to keep them entertained. A dance of any sort, like a fifties theme, requires pre-planning on the part of the guest for a costume to wear to the event. The lively dance theme will keep guests socially engaged in the party.
The Decorations Set the Mood
There are many online and local rental companies who stock party themed equipment and activities. There are a lot of choices to make with regard to decorations:
· Balloons arches and bouquets
· Scenery depicting the theme of the event
· Carnival food machines and carnival game set-ups
· Casino night game tables
· Theatrical lighting
· Sound systems
The Give-A-Ways Make a Difference
Call them give-a-ways or call them party favors but the result is the same, a party guest leaving the party with a smile and a memento of attending a wonderful event. Corporate parties usually involve favors that display the corporate logo and, possibly, the date of the event. A few popular favors from such an event include some of the following:
· A mug
· A t-shirt
· A tote bag
· A picture frame
The End Result is Pure Entertainment
Employees need their job to support themselves and their families. It is an extra perk if they also really enjoy working and supporting their place of business. The feel good corporate outing can be just the thing an employee needs to boost or maintain morale and a wonderful working relationship with their colleagues.
Venuemob is an Australia-based website that connects owners of function venues with people who are seeking a place for their event. They provide an easy to use platform to look, compare and book function venues.