Okay, so you’ve build a brand, what’s next?
Of course, but where to start from?
Communicating your brand means spreading the word in a way that it becomes a two-way process: You are sending the right message to your audience and the audience is receiving it and responding to it by connecting to it. That’s the real beauty of communication in branding.
So how would you communicate your brand better? Here’s a 5-step process to sow those branding communication seeds better:
- Create a stunning website
Since Internet is the biggest source of information these days, an online presence is a must. A website is practically your digital face, remember. It is not your Facebook page, not anything else, just the website, everything and everyone has to come to it if they are to make a purchase or avail your services – such is the importance of a website.
In order to make a website design that stands out, just remember that aesthetics is not everything. It should also be functional, user-friendly, in line with the brand’s theme, and discoverable on search engines.
An additional tip here is to ensure that you make your website responsive so that it is accessible on all mobile devices, given most of the people access Internet from mobiles only. A responsive website ensures that without the hassle of tweaking to get to the right content, it is made readily available to fit to the screen size of the device in use.
- Build a mobile app for support
Building a mobile app could act as an essential tool in staying on top of your game. Do so only if you have something to offer the process of which could be delivered using a mobile app. For instance, if you own a restaurant, offering seating reservations could be a viable 3-step process that you can deliver via a mobile app. An ecommerce store can build a mobile app to offer simplified purchase processes.
Just remember that it is not yet a miniature version of your website. It should have its own functionality that is limited to the defined processes, in an effort to make them easier and shorter.
An advantage in having a mobile app is that while it may not be utilized all the time but it will always be somewhere in the way when the user is scrolling to locate a particular app. Get that edge by having a mobile app for your website.
- Take control over social media
If you really want to tap your audience everywhere, it’s best to do a little homework on the social media accounts they are using the most and create a profile there. It would give your brand a more personal touch, also, you can extract each of the social media platforms to get the most out of them.
Why is this important?
Most people today stumble upon the social media profiles of the brands. They visualize the brand as portrayed on the account as it provides for an immediate feel of the brand’s personality. This means that maintaining and updating your social media accounts is a MUST.
To begin with, take advantage of the space that is provided on different platforms and use each in accordance with their strength:
- Facebook to flaunt the fun side of your brand
- Twitter to deliver the most important news first-hand in the most precise way
- LinkedIn presence for a professional look and feel
- Pinterest for crazy ideas, tips and tricks
- Instagram for picture-perfect and picture-first content
- Snapchat to create an implicit CTA based engagement loop
While these are the most important ones that require your attention and demand a digital presence, there are more that you can explore and figure out if they deem fit to your brand persona.
- Publishing is important
Publishing is the most effective of the tactics for building your brand and the right buzz. Even if you are publishing online, there are benefits attached to it. Just remember to include the searchable keywords to get links back to your website.
How could you best take advantage of this category of brand communication?
Here are four ways, but not limited to, how you can publish and get the word out:
- Blog about it. Tip: Create a separate section for a blog on your website and share away product/service features, tips and tricks, breaking news in your industry, interviews with experts and what not.
- Write guest articles. Tip: Write for others to borrow their audience by linking a keyword or two back to your site.
- Write a book. Tip: This one comes as a suggestion for personal brands. Be the thought-leader and share away your expertise with the world in the form of a book.
- Newsletters. Tip: Make a great compilation of new arrivals or any other related information to your brand in an effort to deliver something of value to your customers. It is a good sentiment and will act as a reminder to the audience as the newsletter is delivered in their email inbox.
- Don’t forget to create networking opportunities
Never for a second doubt in the power of a face-to-face networking opportunities. Step out and create the opportunities for yourself by means of referral marketing, setting up a platform for press conference followed by networking in groups, live workshops, seminars and other events that allow the public to see the face behind the brand.
Apart from conducting all of the above on your own, also be present at the conferences and other professional development workshops that are conducted by industry leaders. Meet with people, introduce yourself and the rest of the drill you must be aware of, “Deals are made over meals”. Don’t miss a single opportunity to make connections.
Remember that the results of branding efforts do not surface instantly. They take their time so don’t expect any immediate results happening overnight. Just focus on the analytics and mark the changes as they happen in order to cash your brand communication strategy for good. You can always enrich and update the strategy in accordance with the status quo, just stay sharp and you’ll do fine!