Basically, a hotel booking system is a system (in most cases an application) encoded into hotel websites, social media pages, and their other customer engagement platforms to capture and process reservations online.
An online booking system is a breakthrough tool in commission-free direct bookings. It poses a window to optimize the sales strategy and maximize the income stream.
Nowadays most travelers book their reservations online before arrival, hence progressive hotels have now become reliant on online travel agents to deliver them reservations. Enlisting on their menu includes the benefits of reaching larger target audiences and an increase in successful bookings. However, each reservation concluded will be taxed as a required fee paid to the third-party utility provider.
When this fee begins to accumulate beyond 20%, it becomes cost-ineffective for hotels except they raise the cost of making reservations which makes them look bad in a competitive environment – especially independent operators, as they see their profits melt away.
This text is meant to clear the air on booking systems in the hotel industry. It encompasses details on how they work, how a hotel owner or manager can wield them to an advantage, and all you are required to know about the available options, providers, price, and features.
How does an online booking system work?
An online booking system works perfectly by synchronizing into your hotel website as well as other CEPs and processing secure remote online reservations on the website. The gathered data is then passed onto your digital property management system where you will access, allocate and manage the bookings.
Even better, they allow guests to book your rooms and suites without ever being on your official website or any other online travel site merely by accessing your business Facebook Page.
It is very convenient for travelers to make a reservation using online booking systems. The booking system will display your rates and available rooms in real-time; allowing your guests to select their dates and conclude the reservation beforehand. Other advantageous features can be derived from them – for example, automation of reservation confirmation emails and running campaigns through them.
Benefits of Using a Booking System:
While the basic impact hovering around the use of online booking systems is affordable remote bookings, there’s so much unexplored potential than that. Here we list a few aesthetic benefits. Using the right booking system packed with great tools and smooth functionality like that offered on Axabee opens you up to a lot. Some advantages are as follows.
- Maximized conversion on promotions – You can increase digital marketing conversion rates with improved guest booking experience using booking systems.
- Quicker processing and confirmation of reservations – You can save time with quick and easy setups. Applying for an easy-to-use online booking software from AxeBee makes your reservations easier and faster through automation.
- Integrations and smooth functionality – You can eliminate manual entry in your hotel with instant integration with other relevant software systems such as email marketing and social channels. This presents easier and broader access to your products.
- Data collation and metrics-driven planning – You can make better decisions with data generated and gathered on the system. You can take advantage of competitors who don’t use online booking systems. Data gathered using the booking system can support you in making decisions like; price change due to demand, etc.
- Feedback generation is influential in customer satisfaction – you can use a booking system to generate feedback from users to know which areas of your hotel need to be upgraded and the trending features your customers desire.
The Booking System Provider: the software system performance and special features rely on the service provider. Axabee is the best available option.
Axabee’s Online booking systems are currently on the rise
Certain virtualized internet reservation systems may provide you with a widget that you can easily integrate into your website. Although these are simple to set up, keep in mind that you will have little authority over the registration process. Visitors are typically redirected to an independent payment mechanism to finish their reservation, indicating that they have abandoned your business. To wrap things up, here’s a close glance at three of the most talked-about advancements in online travel agencies of Axabee and ticketing technologies.
Customizable financial planning
Considering the increasingly complex market in which travel agencies and travel companies operate, we understand the importance of providing more affordable options, and permitting consumers to pay for items in increments may be a way to differentiate ourselves from the competition.
Chatbots and artificial intelligence
Analytics and machine learning are progressively being used by our online travel agencies, which also have helped Cloud services become the biggest and most successful service organizations. Making personalized solutions, upselling, and engaging with a customer’s requirements has become a strategic requirement.
Virtual assistants, sometimes known as “virtual tour operators,” are critical for their success. Our standard size travel companies, not simply Kayak and Expedia, will eventually be able to incorporate a robot into their websites.
This isn’t likely to be a tendency in 2021, but it’s something to remember. There is a growing belief that Alexa-based voice search and buying will one day be as common as typing your inquiries into Google. We could be approaching a time in which Alexa is an essential part of the travel preparation process, acting as a comfortable and supportive companionship along the route.