Booked by DUI Charge in Florida? Hire an Attorney

Florida is widely known for its eye-catching theme parks and dazzling beaches where millions of tourists pay their visit to enjoy their vacation every year. There is no doubt that people are well aware about the beauty of this state, but at the same time, many people have no idea about the strict laws of Florida.

The law and enforcement in the state offers special treatment for Driving Under Influence (DUI) offenders. Several cases of DUI are reported every week and offenders have to pay a hefty fee as fine, even for the first timer. With the help of a good attorney, a DUI offender can get relief quickly.


Issues Related With DUI Offence

People, who have been arrested for DUI offence, sometimes feel helpless and see no way to get rid from the situation. Those detained persons may have many questions like, do they have to show up in the court, what will be the sanctions the court will impose on them, the tenure of imprisonment or the amount of fees, etc. However, you will be glad to know that by taking a few important steps one can easily avail the answers of these questions. Here we will talk about the ways through which your can get relief from the situation.

Hire an Attorney

If you have been caught with the charge of DUI case, the first step you should take is hiring an attorney who will lead you perfectly in the process. Your attorney will suggest you to attend your court dates in Florida and to fill a waiver for your future appearance in the court. However, the process will allow your attorney to represent you in the court continuously, even when he is keeping busy with other tasks related with your case.

Some strict judges express their concern when they do not see the accused present in the court and develop an ill conception about the offender. But if you have hired an attorney, then you will not have to worry about such issues. Your attorney guides you on how the judge will react to see your attorney on your behalf and as a consequence. The attorney can explain the reasons why you are not present in the court and how it should not hamper the proceedings of the case.

Less Punishment for First Time Offender

A second or third time offender can earn the penalty of 180 days imprisonment, but if you have done this offence first time in your lifetime and have no previous criminal record in any police station, you can get less punishment. However, according to state's law and enforcement you have to face some mandatory sanctions, which include an adjudication of guilt. Sentences that can be conferred to the first time offender are

  • one-year mandatory probation
  • $500 to $1000 as fine
  • Court cost
  • 50 hours community service
  • Immobilize of vehicle for 10 days

However, you will be glad to know that such sentences can be waived by the court if most of evidences go into your favor.

Retain Your Attorney and Avail Free Consultation Service

To avoid any further harassment of law and enforcement, you can retain your attorney, because every state has different laws and it is not possible for you to be familiar with them. Your hired attorney will provide you right suggestions if you have stuck in some difficult situations.

Shared by

If you have any questions, please ask below!