The modern commercial or office building consists of many sophisticated systems. These systems include foundation and support structures, electrical and lighting, and plumbing and fixtures. Another major part of any building that is often taken for granted by its inhabitants is the HVAC system. The HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
Air quality is one of the main considerations in maintaining the productivity, health, and comfort of the occupants and should not be trivialised. If air quality and temperature are not maintained, occupant comfort in the workplace may suffer, directly affecting productivity and morale. So the HVAC system keep us comfortable by adjusting the room’s temperature and humidity. Equally, the HVAC system keeps occupants comfortable by maintaining fresh air into the room, thus resulting in better health and improved performance.
In heavily air conditioned, energy-efficient facilities recirculated conditioned air can carry contaminants which contribute to respiratory illnesses. It is the HVAC system’s job to remove these contaminants and dust from the air using filters at various stages. Such a feature is critical in facilities that contain clean rooms, medical facilities or hazardous materials.
Regular maintenance services for HVAC systems will not only keep the unit in good working condition but lower energy consumption too. This is the best way to extend the life of AC system. About two-thirds of the energy in a home is consumed by the heating and cooling system. HVAC means “heating, ventilation and air conditioning. It is essential to keep mechanical systems of a commercial or residential building at peak performance. After all, they are your best defense against the cold of winter.
Do you get your annual HVAC system inspected and maintained regularly? Well, if you have been taking things casually until now, it is time to wake up. After all, you can get the best performance from your heating, ventilation and air conditioning system only if it is in good shape and well maintained. Go for regular air conditioning services and preventative maintenance.
Importance of maintenance
Preventative and timely maintenance can keep your HVAC system running at top efficiency and without any surprise breakdowns. It is easy to ignore the HVAC system as long as it is running. However, like any other mechanical systems, it undergoes wear and tear and thus needs maintenance services on a regular basis. No matter what the manufacturer promises or how expensive the system is, go for an annual maintenance in order to prolong its life and keep it in good working condition for years.
Monetary Benefits of Regular HVAC Maintenance
HVAC Maintenance is really worth it, and there are several benefits to enjoy. Surveys show that a clean and well-maintained HVAC system can lower energy bills by 20%.
- Professional maintenance lowers energy bills and can help increase your savings.
- Regular maintenance means fewer repairs and lower costs.
- A systematic maintenance lowers the chance of a major breakdown in your HVAC system and thus added costs.
- Regularly serviced and cleaned HVAC equipment means it would serve you for a longer time and you can avoid buying another system, and thus save money!
Get in touch with a reputed HVAC company to do the maintenance on your HVAC system every fall and spring. They will inspect the wiring and mechanisms as well as clean the unit. As those tasks are technical in nature, it is best to leave them to the experts. However, as a homeowner, you can do your bit to increase the efficiency of the HVAC system with a basic maintenance plan.
What you can do
- Change the air filter of the conditioner, furnace, and heat pump at least once a month. Dirty filters can damage the equipment and increase energy costs.
- Keep the area around the HVAC system clean and free of any debris to ensure proper air flow and circulation.
- Clean Evaporator and Condenser Coils at least once a year.
- Lubricate moving parts of the system to lower friction and increase the overall efficiency of the system.
- Go for an annual system maintenance service before the beginning of the summer season.