Steel fabrication is the process of cutting, bending and shaping the steel to the preferred shape to make an end product.
- There are umpteen professionals who are skilled in doing this fabrication process. Ideally, this kind of fabrication is done is construction work, ship building, mining and automobile manufacturing.
- However, there are many fabrication companies who are producing the things required for constructions. The skilled techniques just take the raw materials and convert them into construction materials without any kind of error.
- Using this fabrication, the technicians create from vehicle parts to appliances. It is known fact that, steel is the key material used in construction work due to its durability and strength. However, it is impossible for the constructors to use the raw steel without fabrication.
How is the process of steel fabrication carried out?
In steel fabrication process, the steel components are produced as the final product. These steel components are assembled in constructing building and skyscrapers in order to make the buildings resist to harsh weather conditions without getting collapsed. At this time, the fabrication company will come to the rescue and help the engineers to get the preferred shaped and sized steel components at a brisk pace.
- Ideally, the fabricator uses umpteen techniques to transform the steel into the desired shape that is ready to install while constructing the building.
- However, for this, the fabricator should have profound knowledge on steel properties and the fabrication process. It is important for the steel components to be made with great precision to readily install them in the building construction.
- However, with the advent of technology, the process of fabrication has become quite easy. With the help of the computer software, the fabricator can easily control the machine movement while cutting, welding and bending the steel.
Here is the common fabrication process that is being carried out by the fabrication company
- Shot Blasting: Prior to the fabrication work, the raw material, i.e. steel material is shot to prepare it for fabrication. The main aim of doing this shot blasting is to get fine finishing. This actually allows the fabricators to weld the material besides coating the rough surface with ease.
- Cutting: It is quite easy to cut the steel into the predefined shapes compared to other metal prior to fabrication. Ideally, the cutting work is carried out using various tools such as circular saws or using various techniques such as flame or plasma cutting.
- Bending: To stay on par with the latest building structures and to build the building in a beautiful way, the steel has to be curved. To curve the steel, the fabricators have to use different types of rolling and bending techniques. Ideally, the steel is passed through the bending machines for a multiple time until the desired curve is attained. With the help of this technique, the steel of 12 meter lengths can be straightened with ease at a time.
- Welding: There is a lot of welding work being carried out in the fabrication. First, the fittings and fixtures are welded and later the steel components are installed in the site after welding them. Basically, high heat is required to melt the steel and other fittings attached to it, to ensure that both the materials are attached firmly.
Coating is the final stage of the fabrication process. Ideally, coating adds aesthetic details to the building structure and this is carried at the end of the fabrication process. Basically, the quality coating will protect the steel from harsh weather conditions and avoid corrosion.
These are some useful information about steel fabrication.