As any warehouse manager will tell you, managing and keeping your warehouse organized can be a challenging exercise that involves keeping track of inventory, processing, and shipping, as well as managing the equipment and staff. That’s why you need to find an efficient, safe and profitable storage system that’ll increase your productivity. Thanks to pallet racking you can now keep your warehouse facilities organized, safe and streamlined.
Pallet racking is a simplified form of space utilization that allows you to manage your inventory more efficiently. Not convinced? Here are seven reasons which prove that you absolutely need to have pallet racks for your facility:
- Maximize space through vertical storage: Pallet racking allows you to maximize your space by vertically storing your inventory while ensuring that it’s all stored in a safe and efficient manner. Also, pallet racking doesn’t take up a lot of space in general, which means that you can increase your storage capacity in order to enjoy increased revenue and convenient access to your inventory when you need it. Plus, with the right pallet system arrangement, you can store more pallets, thus increasing your storage capacity exponentially.
- Prevent inventory damage: If you’re experiencing inventory damage due to poor inventory management, then you probably know that this leads to waste, shortages and ultimately, loss of profit. Pallet racks make the occurrence of damage near impossible because each pallet provides ample space for your inventory. They’re also very sturdy and hard-wearing so you can rest assured that everything you store inside them will remain safe and free from damage.
- Eliminate employee injuries: Unsafe inventory management can lead to employee injuries, which in turn, results in a slippery slope of insurance hikes, missed working days, legal fees and reduced employee morale. The pallet racking system keeps your inventory nicely organized so that there’s no clutter for your forklifts and employees to trip over, making your warehouse a safe working space for all.
- Improves efficiency: Pallet racks provide neat and efficient organization of your inventory so that enables you to easily spot and access what you need when you need it. Most of the time, you won’t even have to move things around or get a forklift in order to access inventory because it’s so tidy and well-organized that it makes it easier for everyone to complete their tasks faster as well.
- It’s convenient: Vertical organization of your inventory conveniently expands your storage capacity, thus making your warehouse a convenience place to work in, where one can easily work with and access inventory.
- Easy to use: Pallet racking systems are really easy to setup and you can quickly and easily train your employees to familiarize themselves to use it efficiently. Also remember to have safety protocols in place when working with pallet racking to further minimize the risk of injuries or damage, as this increases productivity and allows you to get more done at a faster rate.
- Safety: You can permanently affix your storage into the ground and position it ergonomically using pallet racking, which eliminates the chance of knocking your inventory about while moving things around to access your goods.
In a nutshell, pallet racking is good for business because it increases your storage capacity while simplifying the storage process, which then leads to increased profit. It also provides a convenient way to access your inventory through the vertical storage system that it offers, while at the same time avoiding the employee injuries and clutter that often comes with the space-consuming horizontal or otherwise disorganised storage systems.
Pallet racks don’t take up much floor space and they’re incredibly affordable to boot, and include a warranty that protects you in the event of any damage that may occur to the equipment. Just keep in mind to always look for reliable and genuine products from companies that have been in business for a long time, like globalind.com.au, and you’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits of your pallet racking storage for decades to come.