People love SUVs because they provide more. “More,” as in more storage, more cabin space, and more power. You get more control when taking on tricky terrain, which, in turn, gives you more confidence. However, when you get more, you typically end up paying more, too.
We all know the main drawbacks of SUVs. They typically cost a little more than sedans and they almost certainly will require more stops at the gas station. SUVs are notorious for being gas guzzlers.
So, what’s the average car shopper supposed to do? Well, Volkswagen has an answer for that – the all-new 2023 VW Taos SE, which is the most recent addition to the VW SUV lineup. It’s the vehicle that allows drivers to get more by going with a little less. Let’s break down what makes this SUV stand out and where to find it the next time you’re shopping for new cars for sale in Houston.
A Game-Changing SUV, But a Little Smaller
The 2023 VW Taos SE is the smallest SUV that Volkswagen makes; however, it still delivers all the hallmarks that SUV drivers want. It comfortably fits up to five people in its roomy cabin and offers 27.9 cubic feet of storage behind the back seats. Need more? Fold the back seats down to max out your storage capacity to 65.9 cubic feet.
Additionally, when you scale down to a subcompact like the VW Taos, that means you’re reducing your overall curb weight. The lighter the vehicle, the better gas mileage you’re going to get. The 2023 VW Taos SE gives drivers more bang for their buck at the pumps by delivering up to 28 miles per gallon in the city and 36 miles per gallon on the highway.
Drivers also get more options with their engine and drivetrain. The VW Taos SE can be outfitted with either a 1.5T TSI 8-speed automatic or 1.5T TSI 7-speed DSG with 4MOTION® all-wheel drive.
More Features and Upgrades
The 2023 VW Taos SE is the mid-level trim in the Taos lineup. The entry-level S trim has a starting MSRP of $24,155; however, for a little bit more, you can get the following features with the VW Taos SE (starting MSRP $28,925).
- 18″ alloy wheels with all-season tires (upgraded from 17” alloy wheels)
- Heated washer nozzles
- Heated, foldable, power adjustable side mirrors
- Rain-sensing, variable intermittent front wipers
- Silver roof rails (cosmetic upgrade)
- 8-way power adjustable driver seat with lumbar support
- 6-way manually adjustable passenger seat
- CloudTex seating surfaces
- Heated front seats
- Leather-wrapped gearshift knob
- Leatherette-wrapped, heated multi-function steering wheel
- Anti-theft alarm system with engine immobilizer
- 8″ touchscreen AM/FM/HD Radio
- App-Connect® smartphone integration (for compatible devices) via wireless & USB
- Keyless access with push-button start
- Remote engine start
- Light Assist (High Beam Control for headlights)
- SiriusXM® (3-month trial subscription; requires acceptance of Terms)
- USB-C interface and USB-C charging port
- Wireless charging (for compatible devices)
In addition to this list of features that are only included on the SE and SEL level trims, VW has a full suite of standardized features for the Taos. IQ.DRIVE is a package of driver assistance features that utilize the latest in technology to help drivers out when they need it the most. IQ.DRIVE includes:
- Travel Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Active Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Traffic Alert
- Front Assist
- Emergency Assist
- Lane Assist
Get More Coverage Than Ever Before
As with any 2022 or 2023 model year Volkswagen, the 2023 VW Taos SE comes with Carefree Coverage. It is a suite of coverages and services that are intended to keep your new VW safe and running in tip-top condition. Carefree Coverage includes:
- 2 yrs. Service – Scheduled Carefree Maintenance (2 years or 20,000 miles)
- 3 yrs. Help – Roadside Assistance (3 years or 36,000 miles)
- 4 yrs. Coverage – New Vehicle Limited Warranty (4 years or 50,000 miles)
- 5 yrs. Access – myVW Remote Access
Where to Find the All-New 2023 VW Taos SE
Now that you know more about the brand-new 2023 VW Taos SE and how it’s different from the entry-level trim, the next step is for you to check it out in person. Nothing sells the experience of driving a Taos quite like a test drive, and arranging one is easy.
Simply search the phrase “Volkswagen dealership near me” or “2023 VW Taos SE for sale near me.” That should bring up a few options in your direct vicinity where you can test out the vehicle for yourself by taking it for a spin.