Advantages of Installing Aluminum Railings in Your Home
Most of us don't take time to pay much attention to the handrails that we hold as we ascend and descend staircases. In fact, we don't really notice railings at all until we are in the middle of building or remodeling a home and need to decide what type of staircase railing we want. Though most of us think primarily of the traditional wood stair railings with elegantly turned spindles, today there are many more options, including hundreds of design choices for aluminum handrails that may surprise you.
Why Choose Stainless Steel?
There are many benefits to installing aluminum staircase railings in your home. Here are just a few of the top reasons why you should consider this option for your building or remodel project:
- Durability-Aluminum is one of the most durable railings materials available. In fact, your railings may last a hundred years if you take good care of them! Because of its unique chromium content, aluminum reacts with the oxygen in the air to "heal" itself of minor scratches and abrasions.
- Versatility-Aluminum is the material of choice for many diverse industries because of its many uses. You've seen it for years in commercial kitchens, hospitals, factories and aerospace. Now it is available as a durable and decorative railing for your home or business.
- Strength-One of the strongest railing materials, aluminum will give you peace of mind when it comes to the safety of your loved ones. As a material that can withstand high impact and significant force, it will last for years to come without damage or deformation.
- Easy Maintenance-This railing will be one of the easiest you've ever had when it comes to maintenance time and money. In fact, you will have practically zero maintenance thanks to the chromium oxide surface. Compare this to wooden stair railings, and you'll realize the time and money savings you'll have with no repainting, varnishing, or staining.
- Environmentally Friendly-Most aluminum products contain about 60% recycled materials. This makes them an ideal choice for the environment, especially when you realize that your railings are 100% recyclable if you ever decide to replace them.
Aluminum Handrail Design Options
The idea of choosing a stair railing made of stainless steel might be difficult to wrap your mind around if you are more the traditional type who prefers wood. But did you know that aluminum railings are available in hundreds of different styles, colors, finishes, and designs? So if you are hesitating, worried that your stairway will look too cold and modern with stainless steel, think again. You can choose from many styles including classic, decorative, traditional, contemporary, and abstract, as well as modern.
As far as finishes, you can choose a highly reflective surface, a brushed steel look, stainless steel and wood combinations, or whatever you can dream up. In fact, you can order custom-made aluminum hand railings in your design of choice, which is limited only by your imagination.