Stay Young with These Amazing Anti-aging Yoga Poses
Yoga helps to relax your body, mind, and soul. This plays a very important role in ensuring that you remain healthy. However, it is important that you do it the right way in an effort to obtain the desired results. When you are aging, your physical growth can be pulling you back because you tend to start losing your flexibility, rigidity, as well as strength and balance. The aches and pains will also not let you rest as you age. If you are looking to identify a non-strenuous way to keep your body in top shape while retaining your youth, yoga is probably what you are looking for.
Yoga comes in different forms and it is best that you identify yoga moves to fight aging and focus on these moves. The following yoga poses are ideal. You can perform them at anytime and anywhere with just enough space.
This yoga pose aims at developing awareness of your posture. To perform this:
- Stand on your yoga mat or on you floor with your bare feet. Ensure that your feet are parallel to each other and place them together. The arms should remain hanging on the side.
- Start to shift forward, then backward, and side to side in a way that you are seeking to shift your body weight. It is however, important that you retain your ground position and that you do not lift your feet from off the ground. This should be your center of equilibrium.
- During motion, it is important that you stand straight and avoid slouching.
- You will start to feel start to feel lighter and more comfortable in that position. With this feel, then you will know that you are doing it right.
This yoga pose seeks to better your balance and other physical abilities such as flexibility. To perform this pose:
- Get into a standing posture and avoid slouching or bending any part of your body. Lift your right leg pointing towards the outside to slightly above your ankle.
- Ensure that your foot lies on your left leg. Bring your hands in a position similar to that as if you are praying.
- Ensure that you seek balance. It might be a little uncomfortable as you get started especially for a beginner but the more you practice the better your balance gets.
- With great balance, stand in this yoga position and take a few breathes.
- Lower your foot and repeat the pose. Remember to alternate the sides to relax your body on both sides.
Squats help to strengthen your overall body. To perform this pose:
- Get into a standing posture with your feet together and arms on your side.
- Ensure that your knees and feet touch then follows by bending to resemble a person who wants to sit on a chair
- With your body in position, place your hands straight in front of you ensuring that they are parallel to each other
- Retain a balance and comfort and avoid straining yourself.
- Remain in position for a while, get back in the standing position, breath, and repeat the procedure.
Downward Dog Pose
This pose is ideal for improving your upper body strength and stretches your entire body to help your muscles relax. To perform it:
- Get on your hands and knees.
- Spread out your hands to your front with fingers laid out
- Raise your mid-section part of the body while ensuring that your feet lie flat on the ground.
- Your head should be positioned between your hands
- Retain the position for a few minutes then get back on your fours.
- Repeat the procedure a few more times.
This posture seeks to strengthen your upper body, which is one of the aging signs. To perform this pose:
- Get on your hands and knees just like with the downward dog pose.
- Ensure that your wrists are placed directly under your shoulders
- Walk backward with the aim of creating a straight line between knees and your shoulders.
- Lift your knees at this point to ensure that your entire body is almost in a straight line. Ensure that your hands remain in position with your fingers spread out to create a balance. Also, remember that your toes should be your point of balance on the other end
There are also other yoga poses specifically for the face with the aim of eliminating fine lines and wrinkles such as Simhasana. When aging, it is evident that the face starts to show signs such as the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
Using the above yoga poses, you will increase your body's blood flow and energize your entire body. In addition, you will be able to retain your balance while at the same time enhancing your flexibility. Other important additions would be ensuring that you hydrate yourself by drinking a lot of water. Yoga also helps to relieve stressful situations, which play a great role in faster aging signs such as the formation of fine lines. Repeat the above procedures frequently and every session should last a few minutes.