How Should One Eat to Make Training in Gym Effective
The industries of fitness and bodybuilding have become extremely popular during the last years. Thousands of new gyms are opening around the country and millions of visitors start visiting them. Different people set different goals when start exercising. Some of them want to lose some weight, others just want to become slightly healthier, yet most of the guys wish to gain muscles.
Unfortunately, very high percentage of such sportsmen become dissatisfied quickly and decide to give up, as they don’t see the result that might impress them. Sometimes they cannot find the reason of the failure, everything seems perfect to them: training program, the technique of the exercises is set up by the professional, sleeping regime. Very often they forget about such a key factor of success in muscle gaining as the correct diet and nutrition. In the following article, we will discuss the basic tips of the sports diet that will help you to become pumped up.
Basic Rules of Diet for Muscle Gaining
- Eat often. The last researches show that the anabolic effect after each taking of food lasts for 3-4 hours. It means that one should try to eat 5-6 times per day. Such regime will guarantee the constant high level of ingredients in your blood that will supply the muscle all day long. Eating the same amount of food in 2-3 intakes will stimulate fat gaining, as your body will take all necessary ingredients in surplus.
- Energy food. 70% of all food that you are taking must be of high calories; otherwise, you will have a risk of digestive system overloading. It goes without saying that fruits and vegetables are useful, yet during the muscle gaining period their amount should not be higher than 30%. Cellulose is badly digested and causes bowel spasms.
- Stay aware of fast carbohydrates and fats. During the training period, one should avoid taking products that contain a lot of animal fat. Carbohydrates are the source of muscle growing, yet it’s not about fast ones. Eating the great amount of confectionery products and bakery goods will stimulate you to gain fat; as these products cause the quick increase of sugar level in blood and glucose is turned into fat and stores in cells. Fast carbohydrates can be taken right after the training; during this period our muscles and other organs are eager to utilize glucose. It also stimulates the outbreak of insulin, which is also very important for muscle growth.
- Drink enough. Water plays one of the key roles in the processes of metabolism. It is extremely important to take enough water for those who are training. It is recommended to drink at least 3 liters of water daily.
- Portions. 70% of daily food has to be taken during the first half of a day. It is prohibited to eat fat products and sweets before going to bed. It is preferable to eat products that are rich in protein. Eggs, beans, fish; meat and dairy products should be the part of your diet. The last food intake should be at least two hours before training. Right after the training one should close the metabolic window. The best way to do this is to drink a protein cocktail. The proper meal should follow in one hour and a half.
- Proportion of nutrients. The level of carbohydrates should be 50-60% of the diet. Try to avoid fast carbohydrates. The protein products must be at least 30%. Half of the protein can be taken from food and another half from specific sports nutrition and supplements. The level of fat cannot be higher than 20%.
Basic Principle of Muscle Growth
Remember, you will never achieve muscle gaining if you will take fewer calories than your organism uses during training. Sometimes it is necessary to increase the caloric value of diet up to 50 and even 100% so that your muscles could start growing.