Common Causes of Bad Breath
There is a number of reasons for bad breath and none of them are acceptable. So, it is important to know the reasons and eliminate these causes so that you can enjoy fresh breath.
Listed below are some of the reasons because of which bad breath accompanies you.
1. Bacteria: Bacteria breeds often stay in your mouth and give off stinky odor that makes your breath turn bad. In many cases, it is seen that the bacteria develops between one's teeth and tongue. If you let them stagnate, they will multiply and stinky odor with be the result. You and only you can prevent this from happening. Sipping water at regular intervals is a good idea and can prevent these bacteria from developing.
2. The smelly substance: Not many people know that the deep holes in their tonsils can even be a reason that causes bad breath. These deep holes, called crypts, can cause halitosis. So, if you have tonsils that are too wide and pitted, the possibility of the smelly substance collecting in these holes is high. Having said that, you should know your structure and keep your mouth busy, especially when are moving around different people.
3. The â€˜good' is even bad: Garlic, for example, is good for you. It has so many benefits and you would feel the need for garlic consumption on a regular basis. However, it is important to know that garlic has one downside; it causes bad breath. One should not assume that the foul smell will be washed away once you brush your teeth. That with not be helpful because garlic is one of the items that can leave behind its smell and will not be washed away easily. So, it is important to limit garlic intake, especially raw garlic. No, we are not saying that you should skip it; we are focusing on the fact that raw garlic should not be consumed all the time. You can have it early in the morning when you wake up or later in the night when you are about to sleep. Apart from this, garlic can be consumed with ease by mixing garlic juice in water (small quantity) and consuming it on a regular basis. This way, you will not be worried about the foul smell and at the same time you will be in a position to enjoy the benefits of garlic.
4. Specific food items: Food items like fish, onion, etc. can even leave behind a foul smell in your mouth. So, while enjoying the taste of the same, you should make sure that you are taking proper care of your breath too. Brushing your teeth once might not help; keep a mouth freshener handy.
5. Quit smoking: Smoking is an issue that can lead to smelly odor in your mouth. So, it is not only giving you bad health, but bad breath too. If you are not satisfied by the health issue that is caused by smoking, learn about the ways in which it can leave a foul smell in your mouth. This might be a good enough reason to not to smoke, at least when you are planning to meet someone with whom you are bound to get close. Similar is the case with those who chew tobacco. Tobacco chewing can even leave a nasty taste in your mouth. So, the best way to stay away from bad breath is to stay away from them.
6. Problems with your stomach: If you have problems with your tummy, you will notice issues like burp and gas is released. This is bad for you and you should try to avoid items that can cause bad breath.
Once you consider yourself lucky enough to know these causes because of which people prefer staying away from you, you should start looking for options that can help you stay away from bad breath.
Some of the remedies are noted below.
1. Get a good pair of toothpaste and toothbrush: This is one of the most important things in this case because people often make the mistake of choosing toothbrush that can hurt their gums and toothpaste that is basically flavorless. In case of toothpaste, you should look at the options available and choose one that keeps you interested in brushing you're your teeth, at least twice a day. With toothbrush, it is advisable to get in touch with a dentist and look for a toothbrush advised by them. In each case, it is important to know that you should even buy them from a quality store.
2. Yogurt: Yogurt is good for you and your breath. So, it is advisable to opt for yogurt and enjoy fresh breath.
3. Xylitol effect: Many people are already enjoying the benefits of chewing gum that contains xylitol. Xylitol is good because it helps in banishing bad breath and keeps your mouth fresh for a considerable period of time.
4. Talk to your dentist: If most of the noted issues do not help you resolve your breath problems, it is advisable to see your dentist and let them come up with a possible solution for you.