Advantages and Features of 1C:Enterprise 8 Framework
1C:Enterprise 8 represents an universal cloud system of programs intended to automate business operations and tasks related to economic and management activities such as: accounting, CRM, MRP and more.
Through its main feature-configurability-the 1C:Enterprise is capable to address a wide range of requirements of today's businesses and automate processes involving large amounts of data.
The advantages of 1C:Enterprise 8 platform are as following:
- Considerably reduces complexity and performance problems related to business software systems.
- Allows super users to implement processes according to specific requirements of a business.
- Accelerates the business development process by customizing and implementing specific standards for applications.
- Offers a full-open and comprehensive user interface for better management of the business processes.
- Provides support for COM, ODBC and a variety of web services.
- Supports specific OS and platforms like Windows, Linux, Postgre SQL, MS SQL and can be managed from Windows/Linux clients, tablets or the web.
Considering the architecture of the 1C:Enterprise 8, the platform is built on a set of basic functions, objects, embedded libraries and application development tools.
The main features of such architecture are:
- Complete design model standardization for the applied solutions.
- Isolation of technological details.
- An open environment. The final solutions are easy to understand by other developers or end-users.
- Algorithmic programming.
Scalability. The 1C:Enterprise 8 platform allows applications to operate in several ways:
- Single user PC: one user and one PC.
- Multi user or workgroups: varies from local networks to medium- and large-scale companies with hundreds or thousands of users
- Client- server. This option supposes the presence of a file server and is based on the three-tier architecture: the PostgreSQL server, the MS SQL server and IBM DB2 databases.
- Distributed databases configuration implies no permanent server connection, the databases are spread and shared across the network.
Server-cluster support represents a pre-defined set of processes handling a set of information. The server cluster process can be either started as a OS service or application. The main advantage of server cluster is that it offers a better scalability and an improved usage of the hardware resources. Each server may execute one or more operations and work processes and handles clients currently within the cluster. The interaction between client and the cluster is established via TCP/IP protocol and the connection is based on long-term statistics and data about work process load.
The scalability in the client-server environment can be established in two main ways: By either increasing the number of working processes or increasing the number of servers active in each cluster. Each of these two methods has its advantages and disadvantages. By increasing the number of working processes the load is reduced for a specific working process. On the other side of spectrum, increasing the number of servers reduces the load, allowing a more efficient usage of the server's hardware.
The 1C:Enterprise 8 Framework also supports operation with PostgreSQL database management system. 1C:Enterprise 8 actually uses a modified version of PostgreSQL working on both Windows and Linux machines.
In the world, more than one million businesses and companies implemented the 1C:Enterprise framework as it proved to be one of the most efficient architectures for better management of the economic processes.
This article was written and published on behalf of yellow-erp.com, a community of developers and implementers of business applications based on the 1Ð¡:Enterprise 8 platform.